Sunday, July 26, 2009

Clean Heart Challenge

This weeks Clean Heart Challenge is about learning to trust in God. This can be very difficult to do because throughout our lives we learn not to trust in people…we get let down all the time. But, that’s because as people we are not infallible. Your expectations might be that someone you trusted very much has let you down…so maybe God will too? But, we need to remember that God is always there. We may not be able to see it when we are in our most difficult situations, but He is there.

Here is the verse for the week:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)

And a prayer from The Clean Heart Devotional that I will be praying:

Dear Heavenly Father,
There is so much to done and the task seems so overwhelming. I pray that you would give me the strength to start, and finish, what needs to done. I give myself to you to make the changes in me that need to begin. And as I go about each day this week, I pray that I would not drift from You, but lean on You for understanding and for you to direct my path. I submit myself to You and trust You with my life and all my heart. Direct me Lord. Be there to catch me when I fall, and give me the strength I need to continue on. I trust you Lord. Be with me now and throughout this week, and the rest of the year, as I look to You to finish the tasks that are ahead of me.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.


I hope you all have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment