Sunday, July 26, 2009

Solar Cooker Challenge

So here I go adding another challenge. Over at Preparededness Pro a challenge has been issued to prepare your meals in your solar oven for two days. Today I made the rice for our meal and a peach cobbler. This is the second time I've made rice and each time it comes out sticky. It was still edible but I'd like to figure out what to do to make it a little more dried out. Or is that possible? Hmmmm....



The peach cobbler was very good as usual...although I think I'll use a little less butter and none of the juice from the can so it's not so soggy on the bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Your peach cobbler looks like it turned out great! Hope my suggestions on tweaking the rice will help make it drier next time. Thanks for sharing the Solar Oven Challenge with your blog readers!

    ReplyDelete