Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 2: Challenges


Clean Heart Challenge:
Didn't buy anything unnecessary today. I did buy gas...but, since my gas light came on I thought that was definitely a necessity.

SHMILY Time Challenge:
Today I am praying for dh's fears...all those "what if's"... My dh is not one to come out and say what he is afraid of...

Independence Day Challenge:

Plant something: This one won't be happening at my home very much because we are moving at the end of the summer. But, the raised garden beds at my work have been weeded and are useable now. This is where most of my gardening energies will be going this summer. Today we planted 3 tomato starts. One Early Girl, one Shady Lady and one unknown that was donated. The sunflowers the children started in the ground from seed are about 2 feet tall now and we have a dozen transplants that the children started from seed...squash, watermelon, tomatoes, cantaloupe and some flowers. These will go in the ground next week. Tomorrow a lady from freecycle is bringing by some muskmelon transplants for us as well.

Prep something: I added more refried beans and brown rice to my storage.

Cook something: Made a small pork roast in my solar cooker today.

Work on local food systems: This is something I'm doing at work. The goal is for these gardens to be eventually be able to help feed the childrens families. The children have been harvesting strawberries but none of them have made it home. They like to eat them too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment