Thursday, July 2, 2009

Challenges

I haven't been posting the challenges daily but I have been doing at least one or two of them each day and they are making a big difference.

GROI Challenge So far I've cleaned out my inbox, gotten rid of 21 things (some really gross!) from the fridge and cleaned out my purse.

Independence Day Challenge: I've been using the solar cooker regularly instead of the oven. I read in one of my books that you can't burn something in a solar cooker. Well, you may not be able to burn it, but you can sure make something inedible. Sunday, when it was 111, I put out some pork chops to cook. normally they take 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. I checked after 1 1/2 hrs and they were shriveled up and dried out. The inside of my cooker was 475! I tried again on Monday when the temp was 99 and they turned out juicy and tender after 1 hr and 15 minutes. Lesson learned: Don't wait to use your solar cooker...there is a learning curve just like there is in gardening.

Shmily Challenge: Yesterday we ended 30 days of prayer for our hubby's. As I look back I can see the difference prayer has made. It's hard to be mad at someone when you're praying for them (jk). I will continue doing this daily on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment