Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eat-From-The -Pantry-Challenge



Over at Moneysavingmom.com and Lifeasmom.com a new challenge has been put out there. It's an eat from your pantry challenge where you eat what you have and avoid the grocery store as much as possible. The idea is not to eat all of your food and end up with nothing left...but, it can be a good opportunity to inventory what you do have and save some money.

I personally feel like I've spent way too much time in the stores over the past several weeks and would like to get back to the way I used to shop...maybe two or three times a month. Plus, with dh still being out of work I need to come up with as many ways to save as possible.

So, here are my goals for this pantry challenge:


1. I will shop only 3 times for the month (for fresh foods...and if I spot some deals that I just can't pass up, I will buy, but put them back to be used for February).

2. I'm giving myself a $75 budget for the month. It should be doable if I'm careful.

3. I'm going to clear out (use up) the older items in the freezers and and the pantry so we can start anew for the year.


I'm looking forward to doing this challenge. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment