Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Simplifying Christmas Day 1~ Simplifying Budget and Gift List





In the past we did Christmas pretty big. There were lots of gifts under the tree and so many decorations. Our stress levels were pretty high too. I can remember trying to find the "oh so perfect" gift at the last minute and just hating going shopping. It was really tiring and we ended up spending more money than we planned.

Over the years we have spent a lot less...trying to buy ahead and buy what each person needs.

This year we are really having to curb our spending because of my husband being laid off. We aren't buying anything for extended family (I'll probably make some food gifts). Our two older children who are over 18 might get a small amount of cash (or maybe not...they both have jobs!)
We got our 15 yo a keyboard that I scored on Black Friday for $50 because we had to give up our piano when we moved. Music is very important to him so that will be the one big expenditure. He'll also get some new pajamas (we do this every Christmas) and some small items in his stocking. We have gotten our 2 yo a new baby doll and some toys dishes (I didn't spend more than $15). Dh is planning on getting me new slippers (because that's really the only thing I need) and I still haven't figured out yet what I'm going to get him because he says he doesn't need anything.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there stacy! :)

    About the button. Just right click on the button and save to your computer, and then upload it through your "picture" widget I think in the layouts.

    There will be a space there to put a link to my blog up there.

    I am not sure how to make the codes. I tried and tried to figure it out too. :-P

    So do you do anything for your extended family? That's were the guilt or weakness comes in to me.

    It sounds like you are going to have a very nice Christmas this year!♥

    ReplyDelete