Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week of January 4-10~Rotating Foods Through


One of my problems in keeping a stocked pantry is making sure that everything is rotated through.  I have an excess of brown rice, potatoes(about 40 pounds), cornmeal, home canned applesauce and homecanned meats.  Some of these need to be used because they are coming close their "expiration" dates.  Next time I will store smaller amounts because I'm not using them as much as I used to.

Menus for the week:

Breakfasts will be a choice of: cold cereal (when it's gone, I won't be buying any more until Feb), leftover cornbread muffins, oatmeal, farina, toast, pancakes (weekends when I'm not working).

Lunches will be peanut butter/jam sandwiches plus extras (for son who goes to school) and I will take  leftovers to work.  Anyone at home will also eat leftovers.

Dinners will be done differently this week. I didn't have time to take everything out and do an inventory because of preparing for parent/teacher conferences next week so...I'm taking a meat out of the freezer each evening before and we will have either a rice, pasta or potato side dish along with a vegetable.

1 comment: