Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pantry Challenge



It's now day 10 of the Pantry Challenge.  I decided against doing set menus for last week because I wanted to use up leftovers in the fridge and I knew there might not be enough for full meals.  It worked out well with there being some days where there might be 2 different things served up for dinner or lunch.  My fridge is now pretty cleared out...there's no old food or science experiments.


I've made one trip to the store for bread, bananas, salad and some other items for a total of $44 spent...and yes, I will admit that $5 of that was for a Caesars pizza because I wasn't feeling well and just couldn't cook.  I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll make it to the end of the month on my $75 budget because my freezer is still full. 


Over the next week the plan is to get my pantry organized. Too much of my stuff is scattered. I'd really like it in one central location because I've found a few things that were expired because they shoved behind something.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing well in the challenge!! My refrigerator and freezer still have a ways to go before they start looking bare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I saw your comment regarding your problem with Smile.ly. I'd love to help you out if you email me at info@smile.ly so we can get you the offer you didn't receive.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete